[SGDC] Meeting Summary and Learn Jam this Sunday!

Adam Gincel adam.gincel at gmail.com
Fri Sep 9 18:55:44 EDT 2016

Hey everyone!

We had a great second meeting -- thanks to everyone who came out! I think
we may have to continue reserving Lieb 120 for the foreseeable future. This
is a good thing.

Last meeting we talked about a bunch of things, but most importantly we
held the Summer Jam III closing ceremony! The itch.io jam can be found at
http://sgdc.ml/sj3 -- I highly encourage you to look at the games if you're
curious. Here are the results:

1st Place: Spice Islands - Ian Allemand
2nd Place: A tie (!) between Project SALT - Adam Gincel and Sitcom
Simulator - Chris Hittner
Best Use of Theme: Sitcom Simulator - Chris Hittner

My sincerest thanks to everyone who participated in the jam!

Next, *Learn Jam is this Sunday, in Peirce 116, starting at 11:30AM.*

*The schedule is as follows:*

   - Unreal Engine 4: 11:30 - 12:45
   - Git: 12:45 - 1:30
   - Blender: 2:00 - 3:00
   - Unity: 3:15 - 4:45
   - GameMaker: Studio: 5:00 - 6:30

The schedule may fluctuate depending on lesson length. If you want to
follow along with a lesson, please visit http://sgdc.ml/lj and install the
relevant programs before arriving to the jam! Installation takes a long
time.

*TL;DR: Summer Jam happened, see you all Sunday for Learn Jam in P116, and
see you next Tuesday in Lieb 120!*

I'm looking forward to seeing everyone soon!
Adam Gincel
SGDC President