[SGDC] Summer Jam IV - #ScreenshotSaturday 1

Adam Gincel adam.gincel at gmail.com
Sat Jun 3 01:01:53 EDT 2017

Hey everyone!

I hope your summer has gotten off to a great start -- classes are done and
you've ideally gotten some time to work on your Summer Jam games relax a
bit!

Some club members have been up to some good work! From starting to learn
Unity to submitting fully fledged Game Jam games, here are some screenshots
from the past few weeks from SGDC:

*Unwanted Passenger - James Romph*
[image: Inline image 1]
[image: Inline image 2]
James powered through the new GMC Jam 4 and submitted Unwelcome Passenger
-- voting is underway but we're rooting for him! Check it out here:
https://forum.yoyogames.com/index.php?threads/the-stellar-gmc-jam-4-games-topic.27399/#post-171766

*Big Palladium - Adam Gincel*
*[image: Inline image 3]*

*[image: Inline image 4]*
Oh look, that me. I'm working on a new video-boardgame with a couple of
inspirations, ranging from the only Animal Crossing game on Wii U to stuff
I learned in QF classes. The basic idea is a short boardgame with an
emphasis on risk management. I'm really excited with how it's progressing
and I hope to have it looking even better and more functional in the coming
weeks.

*Space Ace Space Base Race - Richard Kopelow*
*[image: Inline image 5]*

*[image: Inline image 6]*

*[image: Inline image 7]*
Richard's at it again with a really cool technically awesome idea --
players control portions of the racing ships by connecting to the game with
their smartphone! The last picture is what the phone interface looks like.
I'm really excited to see where this project goes.

*Yondermoor - Isaac Hirschfeld & Matt Lagarenne*

*[image: Inline image 8]*
Isaac and Matt are teaming up to create a life sim called Yondermoor --
when I asked for a screenshot, I was went a Github punch card, proving
they're working on it. Hopefully we see footage soon.

I know Taber's also working on Unity, Jake has something planned, and that
James might have some other things on the burner for Summer Jam. Let us
know in the Discord what you're working on!

I'm excited to see these projects moving forward, and hope to see more
screenshots and progress updates as summer continues! Feel free to email,
PM, or carrier-pigeon your screenshots to me so I can show off your cool
work in the coming weeks!

Best,
Adam Gincel
SGDC President

PS: Sorry for sending this out super early Saturday -- I'm gonna be gone
all day tomorrow and wanted it out. Definitely send me stuff for next week
if you didn't send me anything for this one!

PPS: SUBMIT YOUR GAMES TO THE ITCH.IO AT HTTP://SGDC.ML/SJ4

Virus-free.
<#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>