[SHPC] Medical Experience Program Application for the Spring 2011 Semester

Shyam Shah sshah47 at stevens.edu
Mon Dec 27 16:50:24 EST 2010

Hi everyone,
    We hope your winter breaks are going well and you're all staying warm!
    We would like to introduce you to SHPC's *Medical Experience program*,
which enables students to attain a hands-on medical experience for a
semester by strategically placing them in various hospital departments;
students are able to observe surgeries, shadow doctors, and understand how a
hospital works and what being a doctor is all about.

    This Medical Experience (ME) program conveniently runs in conjunction
with the Hoboken University Medical Center (HUMC), where you will be matched
with a resident whom you will shadow throughout their clinical rotations.
There are three components of the program that must be maintained upon
acceptance:
1) Commit 5 hours/week of volunteering
2) Attend rounds during the week with your matched resident
3) Be present for surgery viewings

    We encourage all students currently in their sophomore and junior years
(Chemistry, Chemical Biology, and Biomedical Engineering majors) at Stevens
to apply. Additionally, HUMC requests that all participants have already
attended an orientation for their volunteer services. If you have not yet
attended an orientation, you must attend a mandatory training session on
February 9th at 6pm at the hospital. Details to follow upon acceptance.
    We encourage repeat applications from students who have not already
participated in the program.
    The application for this program is attached. The *deadline *for
submitting the application to meprogram at gmail.com is no later than *Sunday**,
January 9th, 2011 at 11:59pm*
    If you have any questions, please contact us at meprogram at gmail.com.

Good luck!