[SHPC] SmileTrain Student-Faculty Volleyball Game!!

Melissa Foy mfoy at stevens.edu
Mon Apr 18 00:42:22 EDT 2011

Hey everyone!!

The SmileTrain Volleyball Game is THIS WEDNESDAY! Because we are sponsoring
the event, it would be great if we could form a team to represent SHPC! We
have a couple e-board members signed up for a team, but we need help from
the rest of the general body to complete the team! So, please refer to the
email below and email shpc at stevens.edu if you are interested!

*SHPC and the Student Faculty Alliance* annually host a *student-faculty
volleyball game* to fundraise for the organization *SmileTrain*. SmileTrain
is an international charity founded with the mission of providing free cleft
lip and palate surgery for children in developing countries and providing
free cleft-related training for medical professionals. With as little as
$250, they are able to provide a surgery for an unfortunate child, and give
them the ability to eat, speak, and smile properly. For more details about
this organization, visit www.smiletrain.org.

The Student-Faculty Volleyball Game will be held *Wednesday, April 20th from
7-9.30pm *in the *Canavan*, so save the date!

*If you are interested* in representing SHPC in the volleyball tournament,
please *email shpc at stevens.edu with your name* for your team and I can put
you down on the list! The *price for you to join will be $5 total* and the
money will go toward Smile Train. The winning team will receive over $100
for a dinner at a restaurant in Hoboken!

Faculty members, along with other organizations, will be participating, so
it should be an exciting event! *There will be 16 teams playing for the
night* so you will have competition!
If you will not be playing, please still share the date with your
organization and come out to support the event! There will be other
giveaways at the event, provided by restaurants and businesses in Hoboken!

Please see the related facebook event:
http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=200257636675028

Thank you.
Shyam Shah & Irene Rahman