[SHPC] Outreach from Student Counseling and Disability Services

Michelle Shepherd Combs mcombs at stevens.edu
Fri Aug 23 16:36:49 EDT 2013

Hello,

My name is Dr. Michelle Shepherd Combs and I am a staff psychologist in
Student Counseling and Disability Services. I wanted to introduce myself and
let you know that I would love to be of service to you, your organization,
club, fraternity, sorority, etc. in any way that I can this next academic
year.

One specific service that we offer and might be beneficial to you is
outreach. We offer presentations, trainings, workshops, etc. and we tailor
the outreach program/event to your specific needs. Past topics on outreach
services have included, but are not limited to:

-Relationship/Dating/Sex

-Anxiety

-Roommates Issues

-Adjustment: adjusting to college, to a new culture, etc.

-Eating Disorders/Body Concerns

-Mental Health/Wellness: how to stay mentally and emotionally health in
college

-Stress Management: identifying stressors in your life

-Depression

-Drug & Alcohol Prevention & Education

-General presentation about the Student Counseling Center: who we are and
what we do

Please let me know at any point during the academic year if you would like
me to present to your group and we can schedule a time and place. My email
is: mcombs at stevens.edu and I try my best to make the presentations
interactive, informative and fun. Feedback that I have gotten is that most
people enjoy them and learn something too.  Also, please let me know if
there is any additional way that I may be of service to you.

Thanks so much.

Sincerely,

Michelle Shepherd Combs, Psy.D.

Staff Psychologist

Student Counseling and Disability Services

Castle Point on Hudson

Hoboken, New Jersey 07030

T: 201.216.5511

F: 201.216.5629

mcombs at stevens.edu

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and are
addressed. Because E-mail is not a secure form of communication,
confidentiality cannot be guaranteed.  Additionally, there may be delays in
the times that messages sent by E-mail are received or replies can be made.
Please note that information contained in this e-mail message is for the
sole use of the intended recipient.  Any unauthorized review, use,
recipient and received this communication in error, please contact the

Please be advised that this e-mail is provided for your general information
and is not to be considered any form of communication for a psychological or
psychiatric emergency.  If you are presently experiencing a mental health
emergency or if you are feeling like harming yourself or others, please go
to the Stevens Police, dial 9-1-1, or go to your nearest emergency room as
soon as possible.