[SHPC] Fwd: Point me in the right direction?

SHPC E-Board shpc.eboard at gmail.com
Fri Mar 7 16:58:32 EST 2014

I would like to open nominations for the new SHPC eboard elections on March
23rd. Please be advised that not all names will show up for elections as
they have to be approved by Student Life.

SHPC requirements are attendance of two meeting for the academic year, be
in Stevens good standing with at least a cGPA of 2.0.

Nominations form click
(HERE<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1OlgZrn3oM2ayqK3EQ7CNU67zMAxoct4GO_py_rHYBbU/viewform>
)

In addition here are two interesting opportunities you guys can check out.

First:

Peer Educators Program (PEP)
Peer Educators Program (PEP) is looking or a diverse group of student
volunteers who will go out into the Stevens Community as Counseling Center
representatives and provide outreach and education to peers and the SIT
Community.
Peer Educators meet weekly on Wednesdays from 1-3pm to be trained on a
variety of topics relevant to college students and mental health.

Contact: Dr. Melissa Zarin
Email: melissa.zarin at stevens.edu

Second:

I am a Program Coordinator with a private tutoring company called Cardinal
Scholars, and we are recruiting Stevens Tech students who are extremely
academically successful and strong role models, to join our platform and
connect with students in grades K-12 seeking tutoring in the Hoboken area.
 We aim to represent students who are well-rounded academically, involved
in the community, and who love to teach.

Cardinal Scholars <http://www.cardinalscholars.com/> is an in-home and
online tutoring company that matches exceptional tutors affiliated with top
universities with elementary, middle, and high school students in need of
additional academic support. We now offer our services to the Hoboken area
and seek tutoring candidates who meet the following hiring criteria:

·  Are fantastic teachers and have experience teaching others

·  Are academically curious and intelligent

·  Love working with kids and are comfortable working in a home environment

·  Are responsible, creative and motivated

·  Attend or have graduated from Stevens Tech

There are many benefits to joining the Cardinal Scholars platform. These
include:

·  Freedom to work within your own schedule (we expect you to be taking
classes yourself!)

·  Tutor between 2-10 hours per week

·  Competitive compensation starting at $20/hr

·  Get to know great families from the community who will really appreciate
your help!

Interested? Apply here: http://www.cardinalscholars.com/apply.php

To learn more about our company, visit http://cardinalscholars.com

*Established in cities around the country, we are just entering the Hoboken
tutoring market. As such, coming on board as a tutor is not a guarantee of
immediate tutoring work, but it offers the opportunity to be considered for
any tutoring jobs we receive in your area for in person tutoring and around
the country for online tutoring, as we receive them in the coming weeks and
months.*

*HAVE A GREAT SPRING BREAK!*

*SHPC EBOARD*