[SHPC] Meeting Minutes and Upcoming Events

SHPC E-Board shpc.eboard at gmail.com
Tue Feb 2 13:56:50 EST 2016

Hey everyone,

We want to thank everyone who came out for our first general body meeting
yesterday. We had a strong attendance (though Monday at 4PM is not an ideal
time). We plan to schedule all events for the semester on Wednesdays at 1PM
if possible.

We opened our meeting with an ice breaker in which attendees talked about
their winter break adventures (mostly MCAT studying). We then discussed the
events that we have planned for the next month.

February 10th @1PM (Babbio Center, Room 210) - Princeton Review MCAT
Strategy Session

February 17th @1PM (location tbd) - Organ and Tissue Donation Seminar with
Tushar Patel

March 2nd @1PM (location tbd) - United States Army Medicine Suture Lab and
and Info Session

We are very excited about these upcoming events and we also discussed plans
for future events including a blood drive. Please contact us if you would
like to volunteer for the Blood Drive!

We also had three very enthusiastic members approach us about a SHPC
t-shirt design so hopefully we can make that happen this semester!

Though it was not mentioned at the meeting yesterday, we would also like to
offer a CPR class this semester. A Hoboken instructor certified by the
American Heart Association reached out to us last night and would like to teach
a BLS for Healthcare Provider CPR course. Please email us or let us know at
the next meeting if you are interested so that we can coordinate this event.

Thank you again to everyone who makes this club great.

Yours truly,

SHPC eboard