[SHRC] Meeting Tonight: BATTLEBOTS WOOOO!

Robert Sarakin rsarakin at stevens.edu
Mon Nov 14 16:36:01 EST 2016

Hey guys,

We will be meeting tonight in Babbio 221 as per usual. Work on Quadcopter,
Minibots and the BATTLEBOT (TM) will continue. I recognize that I didn't
send out the rule sets this week, so don't worry about having them read for
tonight, we will read the robot rules together tonight and discuss any
questions. Tournament rules will be saved for next week and are also
attached in this email.
If this year's official confirmation is anything like last year, we will be
receiving word within the next few weeks and the submission deadline will
be following swiftly.

If you are doing minibots and know what parts you need (belts, pulleys,
additional motors, or even stock material) please send me an email so I can
get them to you asap.

Also CADing some old parts will start tonight, so be ready to work!

TLDR:

-We will read robot design rules together tonight and discuss, so please
bring your laptop or be prepared to share with a friend.
(
http://battlebots.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/BattleBots-Design-Rules.Rev-2016.2.pdf
)

-We will then watch a bunch of matches together and start dreaming up the
perfect SIT Robot

-We will save tournament rules for next week, but please read them before
hand (11/21)
(
http://battlebots.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/Tournament-Rules.2016.Rev1_.2.pdf
)