[SHRC] IEEE Hackathon

mlagaren mlagaren at stevens.edu
Tue Nov 15 14:16:30 EST 2016

Hi again everyone,

IEEE (Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers) is holding
their annual Hackathon this weekend. Since the interests of IEEE overlap
with Robotics to some extent, they asked me to share the info with you.
They are still looking for 3 more teams. If you don't have a team, you
can sign up and will be paired with one at the start of the event. The
original text is below. The sign-ups will close tomorrow night at 9 (at
their GBM), which also means that at least one member of your team would
have to go to their meeting in P120. E-mail any questions that you have
to ieee at stevens.edu.

Thanks,

Matt Lagarenne

IEEE is hosting our second annual hackathon this weekend from Nov, 19th
at 10 am to Nov 21st at 9 pm. The theme of the event is mystery boxes,
where each team will randomly be assigned a box that contains between
three and four mystery items that have to be used in the final design.
The final products will be judged by professors and prizes will be given
to the first place team.

Our hackathon is a very beginner friendly event, and we tailor it to
help those with little to no experience learn something new. We will be
hosting several workshops throughout the event covering both hardware
and software knowledge, tips, and tricks and doing a small Raspberry Pi
head start Nov 16th at 9pm in Pierce 120.

If anyone is interested they can signup using this link here [1], which
is a google sheet with all relevant information. To sign up they can
either join with a team and fill one of the empty team spaces or write
their name under 'Current people without a team' and we will match them
up ourselves.

Links:
------
[1]