[SHRC] [SRC] Meeting Recap (2/26/19) | Autonomous RC Car Project

Yoohan Ko yko1 at stevens.edu
Wed Feb 27 21:14:14 EST 2019

Thanks for coming out to the meeting yesterday! Meeting Recap:

[image: AutonomousRCCar.png]

Thanks for coming out to today's meeting! We made some good progress on our
autonomous R/C Car!

*The hardware team finished modeling a lot of the components and decided on
laser cut acrylic as the material of choice for our platform. Many software
team members were able to successfully connect with our Jetson TX2 and
receive LIDAR data and an image from the webcam remotely over the network
on each of their laptops!*

We would also like to introduce our new secretary,
*Kristi Mellin*!

[image: Kristi.png]

As a reminder, we are putting up a bounty for our *logo design*! The winner
of the *logo design competition* will receive a *Raspberry Pi Zero W!*
[image: Raspberry_Pi_Zero_W_(33209067455).png]
Make your Logo Submissions for our new name (SRC) Here:
* LOGO SUBMISSIONS * <https://goo.gl/forms/TspUtaBjXYhMSOiL2>

*For those of you who want more info and want to explore ROS on your own,
Paul has put together an extremely long list of resources for you guys to
review on your own time: *

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1mJqBd3xpZvX8puGAy42STDa9KG7a1BVj_ydneWLx6o8/edit?usp=sharing

*See you next week! *
[image: Slack Logo.png]
If you would like to join our slack, here you go:
https://stevensrobotics. slack. com/ <https://stevensrobotics.slack.com/>

[image: slack link.png]

You just need to register with your Stevens email address.
Past meeting slides are in the meeting slides slack channel.

You can  unsubscribe from this list
<https://lists.stevens.edu/mailman/options/shrc>.

Yoohan Ko
Stevens Institute of Technology
B.E. Computer Engineering - 2020
President - Stevens Robotics Club
Head of Robotics & Instructor - Rocket Club Hoboken