[Stevens Italian Club] Buonasera!

jnatale at stevens.edu jnatale at stevens.edu
Sun Sep 5 21:44:14 EDT 2010

 Ciao a tutti!

 I hope everyone's summer has gone well. I will be sending another e-mail
to the group on the night before our first meeting (which will take place
during the evening of this coming Thursday), but I wanted to reach out to
all of you before the Club Fair.

 Despite my illness last semester, I have been planning great things for
the Italian Club this year. I have had several requests from returning
members for information about these plans, and I promise to relate them in
due time! Your enthusiasm does more to keep this club alive than anything I
can do, even with the support of the Executive Board. For now, I will just
mention a few important things for the upcoming week; stay tuned for
updates as this week unfolds.

 Convocation is scheduled for THIS WEDNESDAY, the 8th of September. That
afternoon, we will advertise for SIC at the RSO Club Fair, from 3 to 4pm.
The following night, I will give a brief presentation for both the new and
returning members. You will receive an e-mail describing the time and place
of this "Introductory Meeting." If you are interested in lending a hand at
the booth, let me know via e-mail, or else talk to our secretary Lauren
Mayer, and she will contact me. The same night holds the ESC "Chip and Dip"
event (8-10:30pm, setup at 7), in which we are participating (alongside the
rest of the ethnic RSOs). This is a chance to "meet and greet" the members
of various organizations, enjoy a cultural snack, and play carnival-style
games sponsored by the clubs involved. It also provides you all with the
opportunity to reconnect with the members of SIC, especially if you were
not able to make it to the club fair. If anyone asks about what music,
food, prizes, etc. we are contributing, please defer the question to me.

 I have classes that overlap with BOTH EVENTS. This means that I will
scarcely be present, save for the setup of our table at the Fair and for a
short time during Chip and Dip. The current E-Board will be left in charge,
and I will do my best to stop by once periodically once the events are
under way. For these two events there is a great need for the General Body
members to help run our station; I expect at least three volunteers for
these events, and more if members plan to rotate events, shifts, etc. It's
time to put SIC back on the radar!

 Intro Meeting:
 After a very short meeting Thursday night, we will adventure (as a group)
to the Hoboken Italian Festival. In case you didn't make it last year, the
annual festival brings alive a wide variety of Italian traditions (from all
over the country) and offers a ton of junk food that even I would think
twice about passing up (zeppole!). For us, it means a chance to hang out
again and experience each other's company in an environment conducive to
... scratch that, it means we get time time to hang out and have fun!

 That's about all for now. I'll end with a small teaser: here are some of
the things you can look forward to this year!

 -A scavenger hunt throughout Hoboken
 -More AMICI meetings
 -A guest or two from Verona
 -Contact with the Cake Boss

 E' tutto per stasera! Ci vediamo presto, ciao!

 -Joe Natale
 "Il Presidente"