[Themaintainers] Recent Blog Post

Ian Lowrie lowrie.ian at gmail.com
Thu Apr 30 00:44:00 EDT 2015

Hello everyone -

I just wanted to share a post that I had asked Andy Russell to write for
the CASTAC blog. I think the piece does a really nice job of laying out
some of the stakes of this call, especially through its look at a concrete
case study. For me at least, this latter really drives home the empirical
myopia that can come from organizing research projects around a focus on
innovation:

"Stories about technology that revolve around geniuses, labs, and
innovation efface the everyday labor of the technological workforce. They
leave us with a strangely distorted view of the production and provision of
technological systems."

But please, read the whole thing for yourself! The link is here:

http://blog.castac.org/2015/04/nothing-special/

Best,
Ian

--