[Themaintainers] Maintainers Gathering at SHOT

Lee Vinsel lee.vinsel at gmail.com
Mon Sep 28 11:29:54 EDT 2015

Dear Maintainers,

In an effort to keep our conversation going, we are going to hold a
Maintainers Happy Hour at SHOT in Albuquerque. I realize that some of you
will not be there, but I wanted to let you know all the same.

The Happy Hour will be on Friday at 5 PM in the conference hotel's QBar
Lounge. That is a half an hour after the last panel session ends for the
day. I'll probably mosey over there as soon as the panels conclude. If QBar
is lame, we'll head onto greener pastures.

The event is open to any and all. Please DO invite anyone you think might
be interested.

If you have questions, you can drop me an email or call me at 412-310-2450.

2 other things that are in the works:

--Scott Knowles and I are talking about starting a SHOT Special Interest
Group that will be Maintainers-related. The focus will be on technologies
in-use and in-decline. If you're interested, let us know.

--Andy Russell and I are in the initial planning stages for a Maintainers
conference. For institutional reasons, it will likely be best for us to
hold it AT Stevens (in Hoboken, NJ) and IN Spring 2016 (instead of Fall
2016 as originally planned). Stay tuned.

Best,

Lee

--
Assistant Professor
Program on Science and Technology Studies