[Themaintainers] Critical Breaking and Repair evening event

Lara Houston phd at labmeta.net
Wed Mar 30 19:57:34 EDT 2016

Hi All

Steven Jackson, Daniela Rosner and I are hosting an evening of Repairing and Remaking this Friday night in collaboration with the NYC Fixers' Collective. Anyone in the New York area, please feel free to join us for some fixing, remaking and discussion (details below).

Best wishes!

Lara Houston

An evening of repairing and remaking -

April 1st, from 7 - 10pm
Fat Cat Fab Lab - 224 West 4th Street, New York 10014

Why do things break? How do you fix them? And why does it matter?

We invite you to a special session of repair and remaking hosted by repair researchers at Cornell University, and The University of Washington, in collaboration with the NYC Fixers' Collective.

Working with broken, worn and obsolete objects (including ones provided by you), we will work to repair or remake them - restoring things to their original function, or turning them into something new.

In the process, we will build new understandings around the limits of design and production, and imagine new and creative possibilities in our relationship to things.

Bring us your tired, your poor, your broken objects, and work with master fixers, designers, artists, researchers and activists to bring them back to life - or make them into something else entirely.

Reclaiming Repair
http://reclaimingrepair.com