[Themaintainers] How to Build for the Handoff

Camille E. Acey connect at camilleacey.com
Fri Aug 4 22:24:39 EDT 2017

Actually a great many of us underrepresented people (women/ of color/ queer) in tech talk about empathy and software product development quite a lot.  In fact every episode of the Greater Than Code podcast touches on it https://www.greaterthancode.com/podcast/
Camille E. Acey
"Caring for myself is not self-indulgence, it is self-preservation, and that is an act of political warfare." - Audre Lorde
-------- Original message --------From: Mason Scholl <strax22 at gmail.com> Date: 8/4/17  12:21  (GMT-05:00) To: Lee Vinsel <lee.vinsel at gmail.com> Cc: Themaintainers <themaintainers at lists.stevens.edu> Subject: Re: [Themaintainers] How to Build for the Handoff
In a similar vein, the Embedded podcast recently had an interview with Chris Svec (@christophersvec) about empathy driven software development.
http://embedded.fm/episodes/78

He gave a talk at the 2015 Embedded Systems Conference on the subject. You can find the slides here: http://chrissvec.com/empathy-driven-development-slides/ .
It's an interesting subject that most developers don't often think about.