[Themaintainers] readings for infrastructure course

Irani, Lilly lirani at ucsd.edu
Mon Nov 20 12:43:04 EST 2017

Fernando Dominguez Rubio, "Preserving the unpreservable: docile and unruly objects at MoMA”
https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s11186-014-9233-4
puts questions of care and maintenance at the center of sociological/philosophical concerns about cultural categories, social order, and ontology

My own piece looks at how Amazon Mechanical Turk formats some workers as distanced “infrastructure” so other workers can program and “innovate” more intensively (so labor as environment):
https://read.dukeupress.edu/south-atlantic-quarterly/article-abstract/114/1/225/3763/Difference-and-Dependence-among-Digital-Workers?redirectedFrom=fulltext