[Themaintainers] readings for infrastructure course

Melinda Hodkiewicz melinda.hodkiewicz at uwa.edu.au
Thu Nov 23 11:06:52 EST 2017

Hi All

It’s a little peripheral to the curricula materials project but it is quite rich in terms of issues facing workers today and tomorrow https://youtu.be/He7kqk6rv6Q
Many of the “miners” she is talking about are actually maintainers of the mining infrastructure.
What she is describing is the digital disruption required to keep the industry alive in South Africa. It is also relevant to mines in the US as well as other sectors such as agriculture. These are live issues right now at executive ranks, it’s a question of organisational survival. You may not agree with mining it is a primary industry and provides considerable employment.
If you want to hear about how technology could transform mining and the jobs associated then https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mk93EZaXvn0
Regards Melinda