[Themaintainers] $1m to pay open source maintainers on Tidelift

Luis Villa luis at lu.is
Mon Sep 24 00:26:16 EDT 2018

(waves)

Hi! I'm one of the co-founders of Tidelift and a lurker on this list since
I first heard of it a year or two ago. Pleasant surprise for this to come
up here. (Camille, we're Clubhouse users at Tidelift- thanks!)

Lee, a lot of your links resonate with me: open source has traditionally
been terrible at admitting that financial security is key to long-term
sustainability, and also at acknowledging that non-code work (like
documentation, testing, etc.) is critical and important. And of course our
track record on diversity and inclusion is ... well, awful would be a good
start.

I'm happy to answer questions if folks are interested in our model.

Luis