[Themaintainers] Maintainers Values

lee vinsel lee at themaintainers.org
Mon Apr 8 13:44:04 EDT 2019

Dear All,

As many of you know, thanks the Sloan Foundation the Educopia Institute is
helping Andy and I build the organizational parts of The Maintainers. The
Educopia team has been doing a great job, and we are *very* grateful for
them.

Part of the process has involved thinking through the values that motivate
this community. There are lots of reasons to do this, but perhaps most
important is having some guiding lights to inform future planning. Below
you'll see a blog post that I wrote about the values text we've come up
with. We've worked hard to reflect what we've been hearing from everyone in
the community, though I'm sure we've fallen short in many ways. We see the
current text as *extremely provisional* - the goal was to have some text to
work forward from via feedback. So please do let us know what you think.

Here's the blog post.
<http://themaintainers.org/blog/2019/4/8/defining-core-values>

At the end of the blog post, you'll see a link to a Survey Monkey page
where you can comment and give feedback on each of the value texts, but if
you'd like to go straight to that page, you can click here
<https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/BCVR5SW>.

Many thanks,

Lee

--