[Themaintainers] Introduction: Juliana - MIII Information Track co-chair

Juliana Castro julianacastrovar at gmail.com
Wed Apr 24 16:47:59 EDT 2019

Helloooo,

My name is Juliana Castro (julianacastro.co) I’m a designer from Colombia,
and a co-chair of the information maintenance track - MIII conference (
bit.ly/2Wl9BDl). I currently work as a designer at Access Now (accessnow.org),
where I help a global advocacy team towards respect for human rights in the
digital era. I’m also the founder of Cita Press (citapress.org), a feminist
open-access press using web design and illustration to revitalize public
domain texts by women. Before Access Now I worked briefly at the Harvard
Open Access Project at the Berkman Klein Center for the Internet & Society,
and prior to that, I was a Fulbright scholar and worked for museums and
galleries in Austin, New York, and Bogota. I like artificial intelligence
weirdness, the complications of language and translation, pad thai, and
carefully made open source fonts. As part of the info track committee, I
plan to discuss the role that interfaces, interaction and multilanguage
information play in maintenance. I'm eager to help build a diverse,
exciting and playful program this year, so please *do submit
<http://themaintainers.org/miii-submit-proposal>* your academic and
non-academic proposals, performances, workshops, dances, and papers!

Cheers! ✨🤓

Juliana

[image: giphy (5).gif]

--