[Themaintainers] Sunsetting/archiving projects

Irani, Lilly lirani at ucsd.edu
Mon Jan 21 22:49:50 EST 2019

Thank you for this thread. I’m currently seeking funding to hire an organizer to responsibly sunset Turkopticon, a system used by many Amazon Mechanical Turk workers. I’m glad others are looking into how to do this well. For the wider maintainers community, there’s a chance here to learn how to sunset software and do so with care for an already marginalized group of users who enjoy few resources. If there are people with connections to funders who might be able to support us, I and the community would very much appreciate it.