[Themaintainers] Rent reforms will be too damn costly, New York landlords warn state lawmakers - New York Daily News

Camille E. Acey connect at camilleacey.com
Wed Jun 12 19:55:36 EDT 2019

The real estate lobby in New York is invoking the spectre of 1970s-era disrepair and failing infrastrucure to fight sweeping rent reforms.

"Like it or not, MCIs and IAIs power the city’s economy. Eliminating them would bring upgrades and improvements to a grinding halt. That means work dries up, jobs are eliminated, neighborhoods and buildings fall into disrepair, and the city’s tax rolls decline,”

MCIs are major capital improvements
IAIs are individual apartment improvements btw

https://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/ny-landlords-rent-regulations-building-improvements-report-20190606-akdihwpuavbvxd3aa65udulirm-story.html?outputType=amp

Sounds like a case of people not knowing their history!!