[Themaintainers] Postponing List Migration

lee vinsel lee at themaintainers.org
Mon Mar 18 12:18:31 EDT 2019

Dear Maintainers List,

Andy and I wanted to you to know that we've heard various members' concerns
about the potential list migration to GSuite, and for now we are going to
put the migration on hold until we have time to consider our options. We
want the final decision to fit with the community's values, so for now
please continue using this list.

Speaking of values, as part of a grant we've received from the Alfred P.
Sloan Foundation, we've been working on building up The Maintainers
organization. As part of that process, we have been drafting a document
that lays out the values and aspirations of this community, as we
understand them. Soon we will be sending the document out to this list and
asking for input and comments *before* sharing it with the broader world.
We see the document very much as provisional and are really looking forward
to hearing your thoughts. So stay tuned for that.

Thanks for everything.

Lee

--
Co-Founder