[Themaintainers] Utility workers come to the forefront

E.F. Spero efs8 at mit.edu
Thu Apr 2 10:39:57 EDT 2020

Many of you in the US have probably already seen this - but nevertheless I
pass it along
"A Ventilator Stockpile, With One Hitch: Thousands Do Not Work: While
President Trump has assured states that thousands of ventilators remain at
the ready, thousands more are in storage, unmaintained or otherwise
unusable."
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/01/us/politics/coronavirus-ventilators.html?campaign_id=9&emc=edit_NN_p_20200402&instance_id=17271&nl=morning-briefing&regi_id=68011755&section=topNews&segment_id=23606&te=1&user_id=27f84bd98615861dacf04227a3e2567c

---
Ellan F. Spero, Ph.D.

Lecturer
Massachusetts Institute of Technology