[Themaintainers] Utility workers come to the forefront

Ishi Crew mediaentropy at gmail.com
Fri Apr 3 04:48:28 EDT 2020

I once did door to door fundraising for PIRG in palo alto Ca (i was
actually scared to go to these expensive homes and knock on the door and
ask for money--i was scared i'd get shot or bitten by a dog).  i also
lost my ID there ( 3rd time---the other 2 times i lost them in West
Virginia and one was sent back to me and the other my 'neighbor' (ie lives
about 1/4th a mile away off and on when he's hunting said he found it on
the mountain)--he's a fundamentalist christian but basically a nice
guy---and a retired fire department employee who worked in some of the most
dangerous areas around here---people throw rocks at fire trucks, and they
do the same for metro buses (public transportation).  (some bus drivers
refuse to go on certain streets even if its their official route---they
just let people off somewhere nearby and say you are on your own and walk
back safely).

So is the 'right to epair' a new entitlement'---like the 'right to work',
'right to free speech'--1st amendment, and the 2nd amendment 'right to own
guns', 14th amendment 'right to vote' and citizen's united 'right to buy
elections' and 'corporations are persons with the right to vote and
buy elections and own guns and blackwater security (private well armed and
regulated militia) ' .
   ( i forget who said it ---maybe dave chapelle who went to one of the
same schools i went to (though to see his shows it costs 100$/ticket while
to see my shows its free tho some people throw a bit of money at me even if
i'm not begging---i may go back to that since i may not be able to cove my
next month's rent ) 'if the 1st amendment doesn't work, you use the second
amendment'.

i think Ralph Nader started PIRG  and as a green party candidate helped
make america an ecologically sustinable , socially and economically just
democracy by helping G W Bush get elected who created a 'green new deal or
jobs' program in Iraq and Afghanistan --- lots of maintenance work to do.
I think the later GP candidate helped further the tradition by helping
Trump get selected.  Trump employs alot of maintenance workers at his
resorts. Some may need ventilators.