[Themaintainers] Mutual aid for the long haul

Nathan Schneider nathan.schneider at Colorado.EDU
Fri Apr 3 12:00:41 EDT 2020

Friends,

I love this list. Thank you all for making it so great! A couple things:

One is a brief essay I've just done on "How to Build Mutual Aid that
Will Last after the Coronavirus Pandemic
<https://www.americamagazine.org/politics-society/2020/04/01/how-build-mutual-aid-will-last-after-coronavirus-pandemic>"—it
features a new project of mine, CommunityRule
<https://communityrule.info/>, an attempt to create a set of editable
templates for simple community governance. The idea here is that good
governance is an important tool for turning viral moments and loose
networks into more resilient and maintain-able organizations.

Another thing is a draft <https://ntnsndr.in/tyranny> of an academic
article on the current FLOSS licensing debates ("source available,"
"ethical source," etc.) through a feminist lens. I'd be grateful for any
feedback from this community.

All my best,
Nathan

Nathan Schneider