[Themaintainers] FYI: bureaucratic knowledge

Jonathan Coopersmith j-coopersmith at tamu.edu
Wed Dec 23 00:45:39 EST 2020

of possible interest:
First Special Issue on Histories of Bureaucratic Knowledge
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://networks.h-net.org/user/login?destination=node*6983478__;Lw!!KwNVnqRv!WpjsPlSC1lqvsl4kqks9xGjpJxlxJnFBylWmO53w5rwzeRuclFi_SWLgbT9J6620V7dl$>
by Max Bautista Perpinyà

Dear colleague,

We are thrilled to announce that the first Special Issue of the Journal for
the History of Knowledge has been published today. “Histories of
Bureaucratic Knowledge,” with guest editors Sebastian Felten and Christine
von Oertzen, greatly exemplifies many of the journal's aims. It addresses
knowledges beyond science as well as a large geographical and temporal
scope. We hope you will enjoy it as much as we do. You can find the Open
Access link here:
https://journalhistoryknowledge.org/collections/special/histories-of-bureaucratic-knowledge/
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://journalhistoryknowledge.org/collections/special/histories-of-bureaucratic-knowledge/__;!!KwNVnqRv!WpjsPlSC1lqvsl4kqks9xGjpJxlxJnFBylWmO53w5rwzeRuclFi_SWLgbT9J6_HwEchc$>
.

We kindly request you to distribute the news of this issue (and the
weblink) as widely as possible in your networks. We believe the Special
Issue's theme will be of interest to a wide range of historians of
knowledge, and beyond.

>From the Netherlands we want to wish you Happy Holidays.

Kind regards,

Sven Dupré & Geert Somsen, editors-in-chief

Journal for the History of Knowledge

Stay sane, keep washing those hands, and practice social solidarity as well
as physical distancing,

Jonathan

Jonathan Coopersmith
Professor
Department of History
Texas A&M University
College Station, TX  77843-4236
979.291.2925 (cell)
979.862.4314 (fax)

Engineering elections:
https://spectrum.ieee.org/tech-talk/telecom/security/engineering-principles-us-election

Racial disparities in waiting to vote:
https://theconversation.com/it-takes-a-long-time-to-vote-141267

*FAXED.  The Rise and Fall of the Fax Machine* (Johns Hopkins University
Press)