[Themaintainers] Deadline Extended for CFP of HASTAC 2020: Hindsight • Foresight • Insight

Wu, Hong-An HongAn.Wu at utdallas.edu
Sun Mar 8 18:40:40 EDT 2020

Dear Maintainers,

Apologies for cross-posting.

The local HASTAC organizing team at UTD is thrilled with the number and quality of submissions we have received for #hastac2020. The proposal engagements with hindsight, foresight, and insight are evocative and inspiring.

UTD's Fall schedule became available this week and we were surprised to find that we have more space than we anticipated for the conference. So we are excited to announce that we are able to expand our space and accept more sessions than anticipated. To that end, we can offer a final deadline extension of March 21 for anyone still thinking about joining us for our collective imaginings of new futures.

We are working on sponsorships and grant funding to support travel for presenters who are graduate students, contingent faculty, and others without travel funds, including scholars and artists from state institutions in California whose are prohibited from using funds for travel to TX.

If you have been trying to decide between the Art and Media show or a panel  presentation, please note that selection and participation in the Art and Media show does not count toward the conference limit regarding  participation in leading or presenting in workshops, roundtables, or other panels.

With confirmed plenary participation from Jodi Byrd, Simone Browne, Anne Cong-Huyen, Julian Chambliss, Cathy N. Davidson, Julie Thompson Klein, Tara McPherson, Timothy Murray, Adashima Oyo, Marisa Parham, Katina  Rogers, Jacqueline Wernimont, and more TBA, we are looking forward to rolling up our sleeves and getting to work on the  futures we want to inhabit.

The full call and more information about the plenary sessions can be found at http://hastac2020.org

Thank you,

Ann (on behalf of the local program committee)

Hong-An (Ann) Wu  |  吳鴻安
Assistant Professor  |  School of Arts, Technology, and Emerging Communication  |  The University of Texas at Dallas

Co-director  |  The Studio for Mediating Play

wuhongann.<http://wuhongann.tw/>tw<http://wuhongann.tw/>  |  mediatingplay.net<http://mediatingplay.net>

The 2020 international conference of HASTAC (the Humanities, Arts, Science, and Technology Alliance and Collaboratory, or “haystack”) will be hosted by the School of Arts, Technology, and Emerging Communication at The University of Texas at Dallas (ATEC at UTD) on October 15-18, 2020. The theme of HASTAC 2020 is Hindsight • Foresight • Insight.

HASTAC 2020: Hindsight • Foresight • Insight will center practices of intentional, accessible, and inclusive future-making that take culture seriously as a catalyst, context, and, sometimes, a conundrum for technological innovation. Of particular importance is the commitment to innovative endeavors that take up matters of access and inclusion in generative ways.

The deadline for submissions has been extended to March 1, 2020. Details about the call can be found here: https://hastac2020.org/call-for-proposals/

We are on the cusp of announcing our full lineup of plenary panels, and you can see the ones that are already confirmed here: https://hastac2020.org/plenaries/

Hope to see you in Dallas in October!

Best,