[Themaintainers] Backup (and 'deduplication')

Boris Jardine borisjardine at gmail.com
Wed May 13 06:47:00 EDT 2020

Dear Maintainers,

First, thanks for all the interesting discussions and links! Enjoyable and
relevant in a stressful time...

Second, a request. A friend asks if there are any good histories of
'backup'? No more detail than that, but perhaps it helps to think about
this in an open-ended way... References/suggestions very welcome,
backchannel if you feel it's too specific to send to the whole list.

My friend also adds this comment, which you might like: "Did you know?
Despair about unwanted copies is a huge part of the history of safety
duplication. Giving rise to the phenomenon of deduplication."

All best & good health to all,
Boris