[Themaintainers] Logic magazine n°11: Care

Julien Kirch archiloque at archiloque.net
Sun Sep 13 08:14:53 EDT 2020

Hello,

the latest issue of Logic magazine ( https://logicmag.io/ ) is about Care ( https://logicmag.io/care/) and "looks at technologies that are changing how we give and receive care—and the care that our machines themselves need", and several articles are maintenance-related and may be relevant to this list.

One article is about a single person that created the Veterans Appeals System for US government and maintained it alone since more than 20 years, and he waits that the people that work on a replacement system to finish it to be able to retire.

Several articles are about maintaining Cobol systems, discussing how the technology has been used as a scapegoat to hide the effects of management and loss of knowledge when some of these systems failed during the pandemic this year.

For me linking software maintenance with the effects of sofware in the same "care" category was an interesting way to open new questions about tech practices.

Thanks

Julien