[Wcpr-members] Unified Elections coming up

Michael Bocchinfuso mbocchin at stevens.edu
Thu Feb 28 00:26:46 EST 2008

Hey guys:

The period for WCPR to hold elections for its new eboard is quickly
approaching. At next week's meeting, which is March 5, we will open
nominations. The following week's meeting is when nominations will close. At
the meeting after Spring Break we will hold elections. However, since
elections may take a while, we will be holding that meeting at 9 PM, not at
9:30. I will send out reminders as we get closer. Please make every effort
to attend that meeting.

The positions to be voted on are General Manager, Business Manager,
Engineer, Programming Director, Publicity Director, Office Manager. The
positions of Record Librarian, Webmaster, and IT are appointed positions.

To run for GM, BM, and Programming Director, you must be a member in good
standing in WCPR for two full semesters before your term of office
commences. Also, one of these two semesters must be a semester immediately
prior to the semester of the term of office.

To run for Engineer, Publicity Director, and Office Manager, you must be a
member in good standing for one full semester before their term of office is
to commence. This semester must be the semester immediately prior to the
semester of the term of office.

A member in good standing is defined as someone who attends a majority of
meetings and retains access to the station.

Term of office begins at the end of the Spring semester. If you're going to
be on co-op or at home for some other reason during the fall, please
consider that before running for an e-board spot, each of which takes a lot
of time commitment on your part.

Mike Bocchinfuso

WCPR General Manager