[Wcpr-members] Welcome Back!

mkeyser at stevens.edu mkeyser at stevens.edu
Mon Jan 12 22:51:02 EST 2009

DJs, mobile unit grunts, and friends,
it is with a heavy heart that I must inform you all of tragic news.
Many, if not all of us, must return to Stevens. Rest assured that the
rest of the student body feels your pain.
At WCPR, we've already hit the ground running. This past weekend we held
two workdays (it was only supposed to be one, honest) and we're gearing
up for what looks to be a heck of a semester.
The important stuff: the first general body meeting will be next
Wednesday the 21st of January at 9:30 PM at the station. If you've
already started doing your show again, excellent - if not, best of luck
on your first show of the Spring semester. On the flip side, if you
won't be able to do your show this semester, please let Erik
(ethomps1 at wcpr.org) know ASAP so we can free up your time slot.
Also, a heads-up: SITTV plans on running movie nights in Pierce once a
week from 7 till 9. As a result, some shows may not be heard in Pierce.
If this happens, it will be the same day each week, so we can schedule
around it. We'll keep you in the loop.
Keep your ears peeled (...ewww) for news about our new Google Radio
Automation server, which should arrive within the month. When it's
installed, you'll be able to schedule music and ads and play sound
effects using the brand new touchscreen in Studio A. Please poke it gently.
Save the date: the Spring IBS conference (ibsradio.org) will be at the
Hotel Pennsylvania in NYC March 6-8. Let us know if you'd like to go, so
we can plan out who goes to which seminars. The IBS conferences are
pretty awesome, and cover everything from show production to audio
engineering to automation software. The NYC one is once a year, so don't
miss out on your chance!
If you've read this far, I congratulate you. Please see me at the next
meeting for your free paper clip, a complimentary gift to you from WCPR
for your dedication and perseverance in the face of overwhelming
information.

Matt Keyser
General Manager
WCPR Castle Point Radio