[Wcpr-members] Silk Royal Showcase Thanks

Matt Corrado mattcorrado at gmail.com
Sat Oct 5 04:01:23 EDT 2013

Hello everyone,

            Now that the event is over, and everything is cleaned up, a few
thanks on behalf of the entirety of WCPR need to be made:

Thank you to all of the general body members and eboard members who helped
out and put the effort in to make this event run as smooth as possible. The
help and dedication you showed today was extremely valued and appreciated.

Thanks to all of our technical and publicity crew doing a vast assortment
of long-term as well as last minute important duties, including but not
limited to streaming the event, sound capturing the event, balancing the
sound, publicizing the event on our website and other parts of the
internet, "dorm-storming", light operation, and countless other things that
were integral to the event.

Thanks to the initial setup and final closing crews (who had a large
overlap of people) for the 13 hours of work done with the event. It was
painful and tough, and you will feel it tomorrow (so will I), but the
equipment was there where and when it needed to be and setup in time, and
we got out of there in a timely fashion as well. You all have my personal
thanks as well, since I worked directly with all of you today/tonight.

Finally the most important thanks to Stan "DJ Staski" Switalski for the
long-term planning, dedication, constant updates, handling of the event,
and for absolutely killing it with his set. This event would never have
happened without him, and his perseverance and work ethic truly carried
this event to another level. Thanks for everything Staski.

Looking to the (very near) future, good luck and thank you to the crew
working the Hoboken City Challenge Obstacle Race starting setup at 6am
today, good luck and thank you to everyone helping out during various
points in the morning and day, and good luck to all the runners who will be
there performing in a few hours.

Thanks for everything, everyone. Sleep well, and hope the fatigue and
soreness don't kick in.too hard by the time you wake up.

Regards
Matt Corrado
WCPR