[Wcpr-members] WCPR General Body Meeting 9/11/13

Nicholas Gonzalez gm at wcpr.org
Wed Sep 11 00:56:31 EDT 2013

Hello everyone!

I hope everyone has been enjoying their first couple of weeks of the
semester.

As usual, WCPR will be holding its weekly general body meeting
tonight, Wednesday
at 9:30pm. The E-Board will be going over some important information
tonight including

   - Show sign ups, as well as an update from Pat MacLane, WCPR's
   Programming Manager
   - Information regarding WCPR's Pierce Week, which we will be holding
   next week
   - Mobile Unit information
   - Scheduling of training sessions for our DJ's

Additionally - sign ups for Pierce week are still open! Everyone is welcome
to sign up and provide some tunes for your fellow class mates grabbing a
bite to eat. A sign up form is available at http://wcpr.org/pierce - all
are eligible to apply.

Just a reminder to the new members that this meeting will be very important
as you will be able to get card swipe access to the station. Once you have
access, show signups will open and you will be official members of WCPR.
Please allow for additional time at the end of the meeting in order for us
to swipe you into our system.

For those interested, WCPR will be providing sound for the City Challenge
Obstacle Race. The CCOR is on October 5th and is a four mile course with
over fifteen obstacles around Hoboken. It is an awesome opportunity for us
as a station to reach out to the community, as it is raising money for the
Susan G Komen for the Cure Foundation. We are going to need a hand to run
this as it is a huge undertaking. We will be providing music from 7am-4pm,
so if you can help out for any amount of time that would be a great help!
The people at City Challenge have also graciously offered us 5 free tickets
for entry into the race. If you are interested in helping out or signing up
for the race, you can talk to Tatyana tomorrow at the meeting.

--
Nicholas Gonzalez
Stevens Institute of Technology