[Wcpr-Members] Let's throw a party in Babbio...

Patrick MacLane pmaclane at stevens.edu
Tue Aug 12 23:08:42 EDT 2014

Hi Folks!

I hope you've all been having a great summer! We've been hard at work
making improvements and getting the station ready for another great year
and look forward to seeing you all in just a short few weeks.

Party In Babbio*
**[insert more catchy title here]*
Friday, August 29th
7-11 PM - Babbio Atrium

As many of you may already know, our Fall showcase is quickly approaching. *On
August 29th @7PM*, WCPR is taking over the Babbio center and throwing an
incredible sound and light show - transforming the atrium into a world
class night club. This event is not only an opportunity for us to showcase
what WCPR is all about, but also allows us to join together and put
together something truly extraordinary, as a team. I'm proud to announce
that this year's event will feature a* fully stocked mocktail bar*,
offering up a unique selection of non-alcoholic beverages. In addition,
we'll be serving an exciting array of snacks from our *new snack bar*.
A *professional
photographer/videographer* will be there to capture all the night's
excitement. As in years past with "Light Show & Dance" and "Silk Royal
Showcase" events, we're bringing out our entire sound and lighting rigs.
It's going to be an incredible night to say the least.

In order to make this happen, we're gonna need all the help we can get! *We
need your talent!*  Do you want to play bartender for the night? Maybe
you'd prefer to greet and mingle with guests? Or maybe you want to get some
exposure to sound and lighting design? No matter what your interests are,
we can use your skills, energy, and passion to put together an incredible
event.

We need all sorts of help for the event, and we'd love to get you involved.
Here's the kinda things we need a hand with:

*Promoters:* We need people to help sell the event. No sales experience
required! The event is absolutely FREE for Stevens Students and only $5 for
outside guests.  Your role can be as simple as spreading the word to fellow
classmates, other clubs, your sorority/fraternity, or participating in our
dorm-storming or table-sitting campaigns. We could also use some input on
the official event name, so all those word savvy folk out there, we're
calling out to you!

*Tech Crew: *Calling all the aspiring audio and visual engineers out
there!  NO EXPERIENCE NECESSARY. This is a great opportunity for you to
learn how to operate our sound and/or lighting equipment.

*Greeters/Hosts: *No party is complete without a friendly smile at the door
and folks keeping the crowd energized. We need your energy!

*Bartenders*: We need creative folks who help create a menu of exciting
non-alcoholic drinks for the night. Show off your mixing skills and help
create an array of eclectic drinks to keep the audience fueled.

Please fill out the following interest form
<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1ccksyI_8GwGwISYGdhPoJ-gDIVGjrFuC_ZIqt4VOgJ8/viewform?usp=send_form>
if
you want to get involved. You will be contacted with details on how to get
involved. You may certainly select multiple areas of interest (especially
for those interested in helping promote and work the event). *We expect to
begin promotion starting this week* (in the range of Thursday or Friday)
with major on campus promotion activities taking place once classes resume
on August 25th.

Besides the gratification that comes with being apart of the event's
success, there are a couple of *perks that come with the job*:

   - *FREE STUFF - *All those who volunteer their time for the event will
   be given a FREE event t-shirt (the design of which will be revealed
   soon).
   - *MEET THE DJS -* Monoverse has recently opened for the likes of Aly &
   Fila in New York City (FSOE 350). Both Zack and Jacob have played at some
   of the hottest clubs in the world, including many right across the river in
   New York City. These are some pretty awesome guys.
   - *AFTER* *PARTY* - We're all about* celebrating success.* All
   volunteers will be invited to THANK YOU celebration featuring food,
   beverages, and music (of course).

Performers (DJs) for the night include include:

Jacob Henry <https://www.facebook.com/jacobhenryofficial>
Zack Roth <https://www.facebook.com/zackrothmusic>
Monoverse <https://www.facebook.com/Monoverse>

They'll be spinning some of the hottest trance and progressive music. Jacob
and Zack performed for us last year and put on a great show.

I look forward to working with you! Expect another e-mail from me in a
couple of days with a link to the official event page and additional
details on the event. Together, I think we can put together something
pretty remarkable here.

Pat MacLane
WCPR Programming Manager