[AIChE] DEADLINE EXTENDED for Chem-E-Car PR Chair/ Media Officer

Amanda Mavricos amavrico at stevens.edu
Sat Jul 11 11:25:00 EDT 2020

Hey everyone,

Hope all is well. Just a reminder that we are currently seeking a PR Chair/ Media Officer for the 2020-2021 Chem-E-Car team, however we will be extending the deadline until the voting period when we elect whether we will take our courses online or in person ends. The application as well as more information regarding this position can be found below and through the following link: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScUjeKeJIpZAyI7UMFhwJN9dJ6ktWLE5HXZ4Myv-sxf_heAbg/viewform<https://nam02.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fdocs.google.com%2Fforms%2Fd%2Fe%2F1FAIpQLScUjeKeJIpZAyI7UMFhwJN9dJ6ktWLE5HXZ4Myv-sxf_heAbg%2Fviewform&data=02%7C01%7Camavrico%40stevens.edu%7C9f1b6154e5004531727e08d821ba44cd%7C8d1a69ec03b54345ae21dad112f5fb4f%7C0%7C0%7C637296431184583727&sdata=LhLDp02Q%2Fnx%2B1uWK8z%2BJTG%2BUqbA5KEE%2FpPUXyJrk4Es%3D&reserved=0>. Feel free to email Tan (tdao at stevens.edu<mailto:tdao at stevens.edu>) or Angel (aburgos at stevens.edu<mailto:aburgos at stevens.edu>) with any questions you may have and/or any attachments for your application.

1) Who are we???
*** We are Stevens' Chem-E-Car team, a part of Stevens chapter American Institute of Chemical Engineers (AIChE). We participate in the Chem-E-Car competition, which is an annual college competition for students majoring in almost all engineering disciplines. Our main activity is designing a small-scale automobile that operate by chemical means, along with a poster describing our research.
*** You can learn more about the competition here: https://www.aiche.org/students/chem-e-car-competitionr<https://nam02.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com%2Furl%3Fq%3Dhttps%3A%2F%2Fwww.aiche.org%2Fstudents%2Fchem-e-car-competitionr%26sa%3DD%26ust%3D1593751469167000%26usg%3DAFQjCNHVxuGH56J8spTQl0kjPmUf3JB9kg&data=02%7C01%7Camavrico%40stevens.edu%7C9f1b6154e5004531727e08d821ba44cd%7C8d1a69ec03b54345ae21dad112f5fb4f%7C0%7C0%7C637296431184593719&sdata=pP72hsMoEFsFpkpDu3Xf4NmBOLiL9ort7p9vDBH6a4g%3D&reserved=0>

2) Position Description:
In order to let more people know about us and our activities/events and to succeed in recruiting for our 2020-2021 project, we are looking for one or two PR chairs. Your tasks will include
i) Announcing our meetings through emails and social media (Facebook and Instagram),
ii) Creating and handling our Facebook and Instagram accounts (posting our team's activities and progress throughout the project),
iii) Creating and handling our own website,
iv) Designing advertising posters for our recruiting events at the beginning of the Fall semester, and
v) Coordinating the designing of our scientific poster for the competition at the end of the project (March 2021).
***You are also considered as our representative, so be prepared to talk to your friends about us!!! :)))

3) Who are we looking for???
We are interested in creative people who are willing to learn and try new things. Your EXPERIENCE is NOT AS IMPORTANT TO US AS your WILLINGNESS to LEARN and to THINK OUTSIDE OF THE BOX and BEING RESPONSIBLE. More specifically to this position, we are looking for folks who are interested in
i) developing advertising and recruitment strategies,
ii) graphic design,
iii) developing and managing a website, and
iv) managing social media accounts.
***IMPORTANT NOTE: ALL MAJORS ARE WELCOME TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION!!!

4) What are the great ADVANTAGES of JOINING US???
First of all, we are a team of friendly, chill, and helpful people. We are not only colleagues but also close friends. So joining us is really funn!!!
Being part of a professional organization, you will have an opportunity to enhance a lot of work skills, especially your communication and problem-solving skills, which is a great resume' booster!!!
This is also a great opportunity for you to apply what you have learned from your classes such as Engineering Design, Engineering Graphics, Mechanics of Solids, Circuits and Systems, Intro to Programming, General Chemistry, and Intro to Entrepreneurial Thinking to tackle real problems in Research and Development Engineering!!!
Joining Stevens Chem-E-Car team/AIChE, you can network with a lot of people from a variety of engineering majors and people in the industry!!!

Have a great weekend,
Amanda Mavricos
Stevens Institute of Technology, 2023
B.E. Chemical Engineering
Secretary | American Institute of Chemical Engineers
Digital Marketing and Media Chair | Stevens Robotics Club