[Choir] Some Announcements

Art Bryan Manabat amanabat at stevens.edu
Fri Feb 1 12:40:15 EST 2008

While you're all drying off from the soaking rain, here are several
reminders for you to read of things happening soon.

First, Bethany's theater company is having its load-in for Merchant of
Venice this Saturday starting at 11am at the West Side Theatre in
Jersey City. I went there last year with some of your fellow choir
members, and it was a lot a fun (but also quite exhausting if you are
hanging lights) and the actors and other volunteers who work with you
are an entertaining bunch. You can also help sew costumes and build
sets. This is a great learning experience, particularly if you have an
interest in theater. I can't go this year, but if you want to help out,
please email the company manager Cindy Boyle at asc.cindy at gmail.com.
You can email me if you need info about getting there via light rail.
Also keep in mind that we're planning a choir trip there in a few weeks
for the show.

Second, Bethany's opera performance as Olympia (a singing mechanical
doll) in Les Contes d'Hoffmann over at Rutgers-New Brunswick is next
Friday, February 8 at 8pm. Here we would need some volunteers to drive
so that those of us who wish to attend ($15 ticket) can carpool over
there. If not we can take a train, but we may end up in the middle of
nowhere, or something out of Weird NJ.

Third, please make an effort to attend the Hoboken Community Service
Organization Club Fair TODAY in Bissinger from 1pm to 3pm, which
happens to be organized by your Choir VP Ronen Peled. Come anytime
during those hours and help your community by signing up as a volunteer
or even as an intern in a city department! Free food!

Art