[Choir] MESSIAH

Bethany Reeves Bethany.Reeves at stevens.edu
Sun Dec 5 21:55:31 EST 2010

Dear All,

Re the MESSIAH Sing: the event will be on Sunday Dec. 12. I'd like to
make call time 1:20 rather than 1:30, pending approval from our
colleague at the church, however. We need time to get ourselves warmed
up & situated for our "prelude" sing of "O Magnum Mysterium,"
preferably before too many people arrive.

The sing will start at 2:00. We can expect to be done, most likely, by
3:30 at latest, as there will be far fewer soloists this year.
Refreshments to follow in the church fellowship hall on the lower level.

Dress: think nice-casual. Please no jeans, shirts with writing on them,
sloppy shoes, etc. Keep in mind you're representing Stevens, the
Performing Arts Dept, the Choir and yourselves, as well. However, no
need to don outfits. Bring or wear WARM ITEMS - the church can be
chilly. Layers are wise.

MIDIS: See below for a link for reviewing the "Messiah" choruses (for
the very alert among you - yup, I sent it once before). This is a handy
site - it offers the choruses in tutti (with orchestra in "organ" and
voices in "piano" timbres), and each voice part as well. In the latter
midis the other parts are still there, but the selected voice part is
heard much more loudly.

http://www.cyberbass.com/Major_Works/Handel_GF/Handel_Messiah.htm

The chorus numbers included in the Sing are #s 4, 7, 9, 12, 17, 22, 26,
28, 44, and possibly 46.

See (most of) you tomorrow,

BR

Bethany Reeves