[Choir] Thank you!

Bethany Reeves Bethany.Reeves at stevens.edu
Sun Sep 26 19:30:23 EDT 2010

Dear Choir,

Thank you for a terrific first performance yesterday. Well done!!

Following is some information on where we go from here. If you are new
to Choir, in particular, it is VERY IMPORTANT that you read this
through.

"PROBATIONARY PERIOD" now over -

Now that Homecoming is past, the "probationary period" for the Choir's
fall semester is past as well. It's time to dig into new repertoire and
start ordering outfits for new members. SO -

If you are hesitant about your ability to continue, NOW is the time to
withdraw. If that is the case, please let me know right away. I ask you
to NOT put me and the ensemble in the position of planning on your
presence while divisi parts are being assigned, etc., only to then
disappear.

Remaining performance dates for the semester are:

SUNDAY DEC. 5, afternoon - FALL CONCERT

SUNDAY DEC. 12, afternoon - "MESSIAH" Sing at St. Matthew's

If you continue in the Choir, you are expected to be present at those
performances.

Any and all job bosses, family members, friends, significant others,
sororities/fraternities, coaches, etc. etc. etc. who might present you
with conflicts need to know way ahead of time that on those dates, you
are not available. The end.

Please also do not do anything yourself that will impede your physical
ability to sing on those dates. The Choir is a performance ensemble,
those are our performances, and on those dates you must be able to sing
barring unexpected illness.

I expect all Choir members to take this very seriously. Thank you.

FOND FAREWELL -

At this time I want to extend a fond temporary farewell to Alicia and
Allison, who came to me at the semester's start with future date
conflicts that only permitted them to sing through our first
performance. Thank you for your help pulling a difficult piece back up
to speed in time for yesterday's performance, ladies, and we'll look
forward to your return in the spring!

All best,
BR

Bethany Reeves