[Choir] Choir - Concert Week

breeves at stevens.edu breeves at stevens.edu
Sun Apr 10 12:37:11 EDT 2011

 Dear All,

Tomorrow starts what we might call Choir's production week. Concert: next
Saturday 4/16, 8 pm! Details you need to know:

REHEARSALS on Monday and Thursday - regular time, in DEBAUN. Do not go to
the Music Room. Please note that during concert week, rehearsals may push a
bit late, though I try to avoid this. If everyone stays very focused
it will help immeasurably.

STUTES - as per regular Stute practice in Concert Week, please plan to
come/stay late on Monday as well as Thursday. Tomorrow is do or die for
"Silver Swan."

MUSIC FOLDERS will be taken to DeBaun prior to rehearsal on Monday, and
will stay there until transport back to the Music Room after the concert. I
will also see to it that instruments are delivered to DeBaun (PETER - do
bring your djembe yourself. Thank you).

TECH REHEARSAL ON SATURDAY 4/16 is at 3:00 pm per Carl Russell's
instructions. My intention is of course to keep tech as brief as possible,
but given the needs of this concert, you should plan on tech going as late
as 5 pm.

Please note that tech is not optional. It is the ONLY opportunity we have
to rehearse the ENTIRE choir together prior to concert, and is absolutely
essential for smooth sailing in terms of logistics. All hands must be on
deck.

CONCERT CALL TIME - 7:00 sharp onstage for final warm-up. You should come
fully dressed' there is little space backstage at DeBaun. Please be sure
dresses and tuxes are wrinkle-free (irons - not too hot! A towel
between fabric and iron can help).

HOUSE OPENS: 7:30. Concert starts at 8 pm.

I estimate we will be done by 9:00 at the latest.

NEW OUTFITS - for singers new this semester - Dave Z. made a last-ditch
attempt to get hemming scheduled with someone who often helps with this
task, but as after a couple days I have still not received any
confirmation as to her availability this week, please get your dress/tux to
the tailors suggested (business card posted on my door) if you don't have a
friend or family member enlisted to help.

DIRTY ROTTEN SCOUNDRELS: a rousing "hurrah" to everyone involved in the
show, which I attended last night. Wonderful work! I hope everyone in Choir
made it - if not, folks, you seriously missed out.

We have a wonderful concert, folks. Looking forward!!

Cheers,