[Choir] Absent singers - where are you?

breeves breeves at stevens.edu
Thu Sep 29 23:42:15 EDT 2011

Dear Choir,

If you have been attending rehearsals as agreed with reference to your
class schedule, you can delete this. Thank you for your sound time
management.

IF YOU HAVE BEEN ABSENT -

Where are you? Are you in the Choir or not?

If you must be absent for serious illness or bonafide family emergency,
you need to let me know. Otherwise, I expect you to be at rehearsals as
agreed.

Please understand that when you join an ensemble, you agree to attend
rehearsals. The end. This is especially serious if you only can attend
rehearsals once per week to begin with due to a class conflict. YOU MUST
COME TO REHEARSALS. PERIOD. DO NOT VOLUNTEER FOR "JUST THIS ONCE" THINGS
THAT TAKE YOU AWAY FROM YOUR PRIOR COMMMITMENT.

We are performing in very short order. Memorized. Some people were
missing tonight who are ONCE PER WEEK SINGERS. I understand that things
get busy, but part of college is learning to manage your time so that
you don't fall down on your commitments. The rest of the group and in
fact the department is depending on you.

Please decide if you are in or out, right now, and let me know
immediately. This is completely unacceptable.

Thank you.