[Choir] Dear Choir -

breeves breeves at stevens.edu
Thu Apr 12 22:04:44 EDT 2012

- I have been getting emails and messages and so on that amount to "I
can't come to rehearsal." ("Spelling Bee" people, this isn't about you
per se - your absences have been long planned and expected).

We have two weeks to our major concert, much work is being done, and
three songs are being memorized: Saints from the Streets, May It Be, and
Double Trouble.

THIS IS NOT THE TIME TO MISS CHOIR, UNLESS YOU ARE DYING.

We have a "sickie couch." Use it. If you can't sing, don't - but get
here, get the new notes in your score, review the parts, and think along
with the rehearsal. This is especially important if you are a
once-per-weeker to begin with. I do not want people up on those risers
looking either scared or out to sea, or making mistakes that come from
not getting to rehearsal. It is not fair to your colleagues, to the
music, or to your audience. You made a committment. Keep it.

If you are truly, extremely ill, that is different. But other than
that, I expect to see everyone at rehearsal. The end.

Thank you.

Best,