[Choir] TUESDAY/Th Choir - meet in Music Room; Sat - 6:30 call

breeves breeves at stevens.edu
Mon Feb 20 13:02:47 EST 2012

Dear Choir,

Details for the week:

TUESDAY:
Meet in the Music Room as usual. LaTanya Hutchins and Alvin McCray will
be coming to Stevens to teach us some music. Please be ready to give
them your full focus and attention.

Thurdsay:
Meet in the Music Room as usual. We'll go down to St. Matt's together
AFTER warm-ups and review of our music for Saturday. St. Matt's is on
the southwest corner of 8th & Hudson. It's the same church in which we
do the Messiah Sing.

Saturday:
Call time is 6:30; doors will open by 7:30; concert begins at 8:00
(assuming past years are a guide - if there are changes, LaTanya will
tell us on Tuesday)

Dress:
Nice blacks. If you do not have a full black outfit, grey/dark
blue/white would be the next stops. Please avoid mini-skirts, any shirts
with logos/graphics, etc. Nice shoes. I recommend a sweater - the
heating in St. Matt's can be iffy.

Music:
"Joshua" & "My Lord, What a Morning" are our featured performance
numbers as the Stevens Choir. We will also sing the gospel tunes LaTanya
and Alvin will be teaching us this week, and "Sweet Chariot" will close
the event, as always. Some of you have not yet heard the CD of this, due
to my illness (I meant to play it last Monday). I'll be sure to play it
Tuesday before our colleagues arrive.

Memorized/Folders:

Memorization not required - though if you have "Joshua" memorized, by
all means sing it that way.

We will use folders, WHICH YOU WILL NEED TO COLLECT ON SATURDAY (or
Thursday, or Friday, when the room is open) BEFORE GOING TO ST.
MATT'S.If you do not have key-card access to the Music Room, please plan
to get your folder earlier than Saturday. I am not planning to be in the
Room on Saturday.

I will trust you all to treat your folder with kid gloves and return it
in mint condition to the Music Room at your next rehearsal. Please bring
a plastic bag to wrap your folder in to protect it from possible rain or
other problems during its time away from the Music Room.

FOR YOUR FRIENDS WHO LIKE TO SING BUT ARE NOT IN CHOIR:
The gospel music we'll be learning Tuesday and Thursday is not just for
us, but for any community members (including alums, non-Stevens people,
etc) who wish to join in. If you have non-choir friends who enjoy
singing, this is a week when they can do just that - but they do need to
attend the rehearsals.

Looking forward!

Best,