[Choir] Choir starts Thursday!

breeves breeves at stevens.edu
Tue Jan 17 19:49:17 EST 2012

Dear All,

We are starting right in on Thursday, 6:45! The schedule will be the
same as always - 6:45-9:00 Mondays and Thursdays.

Please let me know if you are not in Choir this semester, as I will
need to re-assign your folder.

Dates for your calendars:

Black History Month Concert: Saturday February 25, evening, St.
Matthew's (where we did the MESSIAH Sing)
Repertoire:
  - Joshua Fit the Battle
  - My Lord, What a Morning
  - gospel numbers TBA - LaTanya Hutchins chooses these. "Swing Low,
Sweet Chariot" is a definite.

SPRING CONCERT - MUSIC AT THE MOVIES (& maybe some game music) - Sunday
April 29, 3:00 pm, DeBaun
Repertoire includes:
  - Non nobis domine (Henry V; Doyle score)
  - Saints from the Streets (Boondock Saints)
  - Double Double (Harry Potter)
  - May It Be (Lord of the Rings)
  - several standards, specific selections TBA ("standard" refers to
songs like "Over the Rainbow," from The Wizard of Oz, and "Moon River,"
from Breakfast at Tiffany's)
  - possibly: 1-3 pieces of computer game music TBA (may hold for a full
concert...depends!)

Looking forward!

Best,