[Choir] DS auditions: remember to list CHOIR TIMES as conflicts

breeves breeves at stevens.edu
Sun Jan 22 11:49:45 EST 2012

Dear All,

This is for those of you auditioning for "The Wedding Singer" this
coming week.

First of all - GOOD LUCK!

Secondly - please remember that if you are in Choir this semester,
CHOIR IS A PRIOR COMMITMENT, and the regular Choir rehearsal times
should be listed as "not available" when you provide your rehearsal
availability. Choir members do DS shows all the time, frequently in
leading roles, so don't worry that this will impact your casting.

Same for Stutes.

Re DS production and performance week: Choir members involved in the
show either onstage or backstage are fully excused from Choir and Stutes
for that one week. This release does NOT extend to house tasks like
ushering

(To be extra clear, please note that this production-week-off policy
applies ONLY to the big fall & spring DS shows. It does not apply to
other theatre-related activities or projects, even if they are under
DS.)

The DS leadership and I work hard to "share" our joint people in a
clear and honorable way. Please honor our efforts, and your time, by
being up front about your Choir commitment on your audition sheet.

Remember, Choir goes until 9:00 - and we need every minute. Please
note, when you provide your availability, that if DS calls you for a
9:00 rehearsal before production week, you'll need a couple minutes to
get there.

Thank you, and again - GOOD LUCK!

Best,