[Choir] Links for music; some list changes; MLK Day

breeves breeves at stevens.edu
Fri Jan 18 20:31:59 EST 2013

Dear Past, Present & Future Members of the Stevens Choir!

PRESENT: Below are links for some of this semester's music, FYI.

---- NO REHEARSAL THIS COMING MONDAY, MLK DAY. We reconvene on Thursday
1/24.----

PAST: If I haven't heard from you for a while, you've graduated, etc.,
I'll be taking you off the listserver list. Thanks for your
participation in the past! The listserver sends out a very abrupt
"you've been unsubscribed" note, and I wanted to be friendlier - hence
this alert. :-)

FUTURE: to those of you who have told me you intend to get back into
Choir when your course schedule allows, this is just an FYI that I'm
keeping you on the list unless you request otherwise.

MUSIC LINKS:

Eric Whitacre pieces:
http://ericwhitacre.com/music-catalog/satb-choral/animal-crackers-vol-ii

http://ericwhitacre.com/music-catalog/satb-choral/a-boy-and-a-girl

http://ericwhitacre.com/music-catalog/satb-choral/five-hebrew-love-songs
(we'll be doing them with piano and violin - and tambourine, for #2)

Morten Lauridsen: O Nata Lux / Los Angeles Master Chorale:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AI9P6HoiJy8

Marta Keen/arr. Wilberg: Homeward Bound
http://www.jwpepper.com/Homeward-Bound/10285084.item

Andre Thomas: I Hear America Singing (based on a spiritual)
http://www.jwpepper.com/I-Hear-America-Singing/3294820.item (be sure to
listen to the SATB)