[Choir] CUT in "Lireli" - please note

breeves breeves at stevens.edu
Mon Nov 18 23:07:17 EST 2013

Dear Choir,

Welcome to the creative process - specifically, the part where new
music/a new play/new choreography is changed shortly before its premiere
performance! In all seriousness, this is how new work usually proceeds.

ERGO:

In "Lireli" Song #6 ("I Sit Beside the Fire") we are cutting measures 25
through 29. This eliminates the remaining "oo" section, which just isn't
jelling, and takes us straight from "...diff'rent green" into the big
statement of "I sit beside..." at measure 30.

This works very well harmonically.

MONDAY-ONLY PEOPLE: I am available tomorrow, Tuesday, to go over this
personally with you after 7 pm, if you can be available. EMAIL ME if you
can make it, so I know to stick around. I can stay to about 8.

I can also see people between 3:30 & 5 pm on Thursday. Again, please LET
ME KNOW you're coming.

We will drill the change in Thursday Choir, and review on Sunday before
the concert.

Thank you.

Best,

Artist in Residence for Choir and Voice