[Choir] ST. MATT'S CAROL SING - this Sunday, 6:30 call

Bethany Reeves breeves at stevens.edu
Wed Dec 2 12:37:39 EST 2015

Dear Choir,

We are expected at St. Matthew Trinity Lutheran Church at 6:30 this coming Sunday evening to do some rehearsal and cover logistics for the Carol Sing, which starts at 7:30. St. Matt's is on the southwest corner of 8th & Hudson Streets.

The Carol Sing is free and open to the public. Invite friends! Refreshments afterwards.

We will be performing several numbers as The Stevens Choir, making this an actual concert date for us. Full attendance is expected. I have submitted several titles to the concert organizer, including "Salmo 150," the Thompson "Alleluia," "Ubi Caritas," "Carol of the Russian Children," and the Haydn.

"Carol of the Bells" is also likely (with actual bells), and "Hallelujah Chorus" is definite, with organ and brass. There will also, of course, be a number of carols. Be ready to campaign for your favorites - I think they're going to do an "audience choice" selection process.

Dress code: wear comfortable, casual, but reasonably presentable clothes. No formal outfits. Temperature in the church varies; be ready for it to be a bit chilly, just in case.

MUSIC: Please pick up and bring bring your folder. I strongly suggest a plastic bag in case of rain. Then keep it with you (and treat it with care!), to bring to DeBaun for our rehearsals next week.

Tomorrow, Thursday 12/3, will be our last rehearsal in the Music Room this semester.

Best,