[Choir] Sad news, and music -

Bethany Reeves breeves at stevens.edu
Mon Nov 16 09:23:01 EST 2015

Dear Choir,

By now, most of you will have heard that Stevens suffered two losses two days ago: Bryan Fitzpatrick, a senior, and Ian Rahimi, a sophomore.

David Zimmerman and I have been in contact about possible music for any memorial services.

A couple pieces in the Choir's current repertoire may be appropriate, but we would like something in English. Towards that, if you possibly can do so, please visit these YouTube links before Choir this evening:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZ23PDk5SwQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pTctP0X2B1c

The piece is "Remember" by Stephen Chatman, on a poem of Christina Rossetti. The second link shows the poem.

Full call at 6:45 this evening.

President's Ensemble members - Dave & I have also discussed the event at Hoxie House. You're released at 7:15. Please return to Choir afterwards.

Remember me when I am gone away,
Gone far away into the silent land;
When you can no more hold me by the hand,
Nor I half turn to go yet turning stay.
Remember me when no more, day by day,
You tell me of our future that you plann'd:
Only remember me; you understand
It will be late to counsel then or pray.
Yet if you should forget me for a while
And afterwards remember, do not grieve:
For if the darkness and corruption leave
A vestige of the thoughts that once I had,
Better by far you should forget and smile
Than that you should remember and be sad.