[Choir] Fw: Celebrate the Life of Bass Paul Robeson: Athlete, Actor, Activist

Bethany Reeves breeves at stevens.edu
Thu Oct 22 16:43:08 EDT 2015

Dear Singers,

The original invite to this event, sent to the campus community, neglects to point out that Paul Robeson was ALSO a tremendous singer. A bass, he's most famous for his rendition of "Old Man River" (1936 film, not '51):

https://search.yahoo.com/yhs/search?p=paul+robeson+old+man+river&ei=UTF-8&hspart=mozilla&hsimp=yhs-001

I hope some of you can make the talk on Robeson at the Library this coming Monday 10/26, 4pm.

Best,